Lemon Sugar Cookies are a zesty treat!! The lemon juice adds a tasty twist to your traditional sugar cookie! Perfect for sharing with your family or making for a special occasion.
How to Make Lemon Sugar Cookies
This recipe is similar to any cookie recipe. Start by creaming the butter and sugar together. The best way to do this is to make sure the butter is soft at room temperature. Place the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or mixing bowl and mix with the mixer or hand mixer until the butter and sugar are well combined.
Add in the lemon juice and eggs and mix. Lastly, you will incorporate the dry ingredients. Add the flour 1/2-1 cup at a time until combined. Once the flour is mixed in, you can add the baking powder and salt.
Lemon Sugar Cookies
Now you are ready to get those delicious sweet things in the oven. I like to simply scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper. Press down with a fork and top with a sugared lemon slice.
The other option at this point would be to roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut with a cookie cutter.
How Long to Bake Lemon Sugar Cookies
Bake these sugar cookies in a 350ºF oven for 10-15 minutes. The cookies with the lemon slices will take a little longer to bake, but totally worth!
I hope you enjoy sharing eating and sharing this Lemon Sugar Cookie Recipe! Let me know how yours turned out!!
Lemon Sugar Cookie Recipe
Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large stand mixer or mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and lemon juice and mix.
- To the butter mixture add flour 1/2- 1 cup at a time until well combined. Add in the baking powder and salt and mix.
- The dough should be soft and not sticky. Roll the dough into balls or use a scoop to place them on the cookie sheet. Flatten the balls with a fork. Top with thin lemon slices dipped in sugar if desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until firm and golden on the edges.