These Coconut Chocolate Crunch Cookies have a little bit of everything that makes them the most delicious cookie!! If you like coconut, chocolate, pretzels and just cookies in general, this is the cookie for you!!
Pin this recipe to add to your recipe box. This Coconut Chocolate Crunch Cookie comes out perfectly soft and chewy every time, the crunch comes from the added pretzels, and candy coated chocolate candies.
This is our favorite way to make a good chocolate chip coconut cookie. The M & Ms are a great addition to this cookie. As far as this cookie goes, I would always chose to use M & Ms over chocolate chips in this recipe.
What do I need to make Coconut Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Simple ingredients make the best recipes.
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Candy Coated Chocolate Candies (M & M’s)
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
How to Make Coconut Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Just like any great cookie, you will first start by combining the butter and sugars and the flour and baking soda separately. I like to get my butter really soft, just before the melting stage. Just put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. If it does melt all the way, no problem, it will still work perfectly in this recipe.
Cream together the butter and sugars, add the vanilla and eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt, whisk to aerate and combine. Those can now jump in the mixing bowl with the butter mixture. Continue to mix until a soft batter has formed.
Once those have come together, you will add in the remaining treats that make this recipe amazing!!
Doesn’t that batter just look good enough to eat by itself?? Here’s where I need a whole lot of restraint!! It’s good in the dough form, but SO much better after if has been baked into a little delicious, chewy, crunchy, chocolatey, coconuty piece of heaven!! (drooling yet?!)
Baking Coconut Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, this just helps them cook more evenly, makes a perfect bottom and helps keep your baking sheet clean (that means less work for you-bonus!!)
With a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and form it into a ball. Place the cookie dough on the cookie sheet, spacing about an inch between each ball. My general rule when making cookies is to place them 4 X 5. 4 across and 5 down. This method has always worked for me and minimizes the cookies all baking together.
These will bake in a 375ºF oven for 12-15 minutes. Personal preference on how crunchy you like your cookies. I am a golden brown, crunchy cookie kind of girl and my hubs like them super soft and gooey in the middle. so make them how you like them, this is your special treat!
When they are cooked to perfection, take them out of the oven, take one for yourself (because warm cookies) and allow them to rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack to continue cooling.
I hope you enjoy this sweet, crunchy treat. Let me know when you give this recipe a try, I would love to know how it turned out for you!! Enjoy!!
Coconut Chocolate Crunch Cookies Recipe
Coconut Chocolate Crunch Cookies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Candy Covered Chocolate Candies (M & M)
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 375ºF, place two racks in the center positions of the oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, in the microwave or saucepan over the stove, soften butter to almost melting state.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the soft butter and sugars until well combined. Pour in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, whisking in between.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda and whisk to combine. Pour in batches into the butter/sugar mixture, whisking between each batch until well incorporated.
- Once a soft batter has formed fold in the coconut, candies and crushed pretzels until these are mixed throughout the dough.
- With a tablespoon scoop or spoon, begin forming balls of dough and placing about an inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven when done and allow to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack until cooled, about 10 minutes.