Steak tacos (AKA Beef Fajitas) will make you wish everyday was Taco Tuesday!! The flavor of these steak tacos is outstanding, I hope you love these!
Steak Tacos On The Grill
I like to fire up the grill to make these, if the weather is nice. If you don’t have a grill or it’s just too cold to fire it up, these can easily be done in a hot skillet with some olive oil, or in the oven set to broil on a broiler pan.
I love the flavor the grill gives the veggies and the steak for this recipe. Set your grill to medium-high and let it heat up while you get the meat seasoned and ready to hit the grill. Keep the veggies from falling to their doom by placing a cooking rack right on your grill grates.
This Steak Taco recipe is so easy to put together on a weeknight! Seriously, ready in under 30 minutes, and your fam with love them. The spice rub can even be used on chicken if you prefer. The Cayenne gives it a little kick, so go easy on that spice, it can heat things up easily!
The fun part is topping your taco with your favorite toppings. Some cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo….however you take it, make it your own!! If your not feeling up for tortillas, this makes a great salad as well!
Let me know if you try this one! I would love to hear from you!!
Steak Tacos Recipe
- 1-2 lb Flank Steak
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8-10 White Corn Tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne (optional)
- Turn on grill to medium-high heat and allow to heat up while you prepare the meat and vegetables.
- Liberally rub the flank steak with spice rub on both sides, gently patting to help the spices stick. Sprinkle the sliced peppers and onion with olive oil, then with spices.
- Place the flank steak on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes per side. Test the temperature with a thermometer and pull the steak when it reaches 135 °F (for medium rare). The vegetables can go on at the same time on a cooking rack, or cooked on the stove in a skillet if you don't have a cooking rack. Flip the steak once and keep an eye on the vegetables so they don't get too charred.
- Remove the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing against the grain in 1/4 inch slices.
- The tortillas can be heated in a skillet before serving. Top with your favorite pico de gallo, grilled vegetables, cheeses....it's your taco!! Enjoy!