This savory Italian sausage and pepper pasta dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or a weekend party for feeding a crowd. Soon to become a comfort dish of bubbly sausage and pepper goodness!
Sausage, Peppers and Onions
The three magic words to food bliss!! This recipe starts out by slicing up your peppers, onions and giving the garlic a nice mincing. The first thing to go in the pot will be your Italian sausage (casing removed). For this recipe I used a mild Italian sausage, but you can spice it up however you like. You can even go with a chicken or turkey sausage if you are keeping it lite.
Sausage and Pepper Pasta
Everything simmers and the flavors marry in the pot while the pasta cooks to al dente. Pick your favorite pasta, or whatever you have on hand. I love this recipe because it can be easily thrown together with what you have on hand.
Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta Recipe
Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- 2 C Dry Pasta
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (casing removed)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sliced Red Pepper
- 1 Sliced Yellow Pepper
- 1 Slice Orange Pepper
- 1 Small Onion Sliced
- 1 14.5 oz Can Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 C Beef Broth
- 1/2 C Grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a separate skillet cook Italian sausage until browned, then remove from pan.
- Pour olive oil in the skillet and saute peppers, onion and garlic until just tender. Add the browned sausage back to the skillet and pour in diced tomatoes and beef broth. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine the ingredients. Sprinkle with some fresh basil and Parmesan to garnish.