Strawberry Lemonade is such an easy recipe to make at home for the perfect summer drink. All you need is 4 ingredients and you will be sipping delicious homemade lemonade from fresh ingredients. This classic lemonade recipe is sure to become a regular.
I always look forward to the summer when we can get delicious, fresh strawberries from our neighborhood co-op so I can make this easy recipe for strawberry lemonade or even this simple strawberry freezer jam. Is it just me, or do the summer strawberries taste better than the winter strawberries?
This easy homemade lemonade recipe is easy to throw together for a delicious addition to a simple meal, or set up the kiddos with a lemonade stand and they will sell out every time. This lemonade recipe is easy to customize to make it your own as well. Like it a little more sour, add more lemon juice, or more sugar for sweetness.
How to make Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
I tried to make this recipe process as simple as possible, so no cooking or making a simple syrup is required to get delicious strawberry lemonade. To make this recipe you will just follow these simple steps:
First, wash the strawberries. You can run them under water in a colander or make a simple bath of water and one tablespoon white vinegar and let sit for at least 2 minutes before rinsing.
Next, remove the stems from the strawberries, I don’t worry about hulling them, just slice the green stems off the top of the berries.
Then, squeeze the juice from a bunch of lemons until you have 1 1/4 cup of juice. I like to place a strainer over my measuring cup and then use a pair of tongs to juice the lemons. It is so easy to use tongs to juice the lemons. Just place the lemons between the tongs and place a hand on each end to squeeze the juice from the lemons, works perfect and gets out so much juice.
Place the strawberries, lemon juice, a cup of water and sugar into a food processor or even a blender. Blend until the strawberries are pureed and the sugar has dissolved. The additional water will help the sugar dissolve as the strawberries are being pureed. Once all the strawberries have been chopped, pour the liquid into a bowl through a strainer to remove any pulp and seeds.
Lastly, pour the puree into a large pitcher and add 4 1/2 to 5 cups of water to the pitcher. Mix until every thing is combined. Pour into cups with ice cubes and enjoy.
Can this Lemonade Recipe be made ahead?
This recipe can be made a day or two ahead, it is even better the next day after the juices have infused the water and added so much flavor.
Tips for making Strawberry Lemonade
- Use fresh strawberries. Frozen strawberries can be used, I would suggest you thaw them first and use any juices that have accumulated from the strawberries.
- Start with just 4 1/2 cups of water and taste the lemonade, adjust the flavor as needed with more water, lemon juice or even sugar
- Don’t add ice cube to the pitcher with the lemonade, just add them to the cups you are serving it in if needed. The ice cubes will water down the lemonade as they melt.
- Add a mint leaf to the glass before you pour in the lemonade for a refreshing twist
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries stems removed
- 1 1/4 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 1/2-6 cups water
- In a food processor, or blender, combine the strawberries, fresh lemon juice, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of the water.
- Blend until the strawberries have all been chopped up and the sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Pour the puree into a strainer over a bowl to remove the pulp and any strawberry seeds.
- Pour the strained puree into a large pitcher and add 4 1/2 cups of water and stir.
- Taste the strawberry lemonade and add more water or lemon juice as needed to taste.
- This strawberry lemonade is best if stored in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Add a little fresh mint to the cup before pouring in lemonade for a fresh twist.
- Only add ice cubes to the cups, not the pitcher, or just keep cold and skip the ice cubes to avoid watery lemonade
Strawberry Lemonade is such an easy recipe to make at home for the perfect summer drink. All you need is 4 ingredients and you will be sipping delicious homemade lemonade from fresh ingredients.