Cranberry Walnut Bread is a simple no knead bread recipe that is full of flavor from cinnamon, dried cranberries and walnuts. So easy to make and is perfect for sharing, eating as a yummy snack, or pairing with your favorite soup or salad. This easy cranberry bread recipe will be on repeat in your home after one try!
When you make this Cranberry Walnut Bread, be sure to make 2 loaves, one to share and one to keep for yourself. This is such a tasty bread, it is not a sweet bread, but a delicious combination of cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon.
You don’t need to go out and buy cranberry walnut bread, it is so easy to make and SO much better when you make it at home. Just picture a warm slice of this bread with some butter, it’s heaven.
Homemade Cranberry Walnut Bread
This bread recipe is very easy to make, you definitely don’t need to be a bread making expert to nail this recipe. Let’s walk through the steps to make this Cranberry Walnut Bread and I will share a few of my tricks to get this perfect every time.
First, mix together the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, cinnamon, dried cranberries and walnuts. When I make yeast breads, I like to use instant yeast, it can be mixed right into the flour without proofing. Instant yeast also cuts down on the time you need to let the dough rise, since it is quickly activated with warm water.
Simply add all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix them together with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Next, combine the warm water with the oil and pour into the dry ingredients. Stir the dough with the wooden spoon until a rough dough is formed. Continue to stir for 3-5 minutes to make sure everything is incorporated and to get the yeast and gluten in the flour activated.
Cover the dough, you can leave it in the same bowl, with greased plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise for at least an hour until it has doubled in size.
Pour the risen dough out onto a clean, floured surface and knead it into a ball. This can easily be done by folding all of the sides into the center of the dough. Turn the dough over and pull it towards you a few times, then give it a few turns clockwise on the table.
How to Cook Dutch Oven Bread
Place the dough into a parchment lined cast iron dutch oven pan. You do not need to preheat your pan for this recipe, in fact, I don’t recommend it.
With the lid on the pan, bake the bread for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, until the bread is golden and crisp on the outside.
After the bread is done baking, allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. This is the hardest part about baking this bread for sure! It is so hard to smell this baking and not slice right into it when it comes out of the oven, but the cooling stage is necessary.
Cranberry Walnut Bread Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Cranberry Walnut Bread Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups water warm (115-120ºF)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, dried cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Pour in the water and oil. Stir until well combined 3-5 minutes. A rough dough will be formed.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or greased plastic wrap. Allow to rise in a warm place for at least an hour until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 400º F and line a dutch oven pan with parchment paper
- Pour the dough out onto a floured surface and form into a ball
- Place the ball into the prepared dutch oven
- Cook the bread with the lid on the pan for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and cook for an additional 15 minutes until golden.
- Allow the bread to cool on a cooling rack or countertop before slicing.
- Store bread in an airtight container to keep fresh
- Bread can be wrapped in plastic wrap and foil and frozen for up to 3 months
Cranberry Walnut Bread is a simple no knead bread recipe that is full of flavor from cinnamon, dried cranberries and walnuts. So easy to make and is perfect for sharing, eating as a yummy snack, or pairing with your favorite soup or salad.