Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings are so easy to make. Drizzle the frozen chicken wings with a little oil, season and cook to perfection in just 20 minutes.
This recipe for cooking Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer takes just a few ingredients, a little time to prep and makes tasty wings every time.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
Cooking chicken wings from frozen in the air fryer is super simple and it is completely safe to cook your chicken from frozen at the high temperature in the air fryer. To cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer you will just need a few things.
First, of course you will need an air fryer. The air fryer I use is this Gourmia model. This air fryer has a preheat option to make sure the air fryer is hot when you add the chicken wings to the basket. Next, you will need some olive oil (or other oil of your choosing), some simple spices and lastly, a meat thermometer to make sure you cook the chicken to the correct temperature.
This is the meat thermometer I use: Thermoworks, Thermapen ONE.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
If you have never cooked frozen chicken wings in the air fryer, don’t stress, it is so easy to cook chicken from frozen this way. Once you give this a try, you will be making frozen chicken wings all the time, you can even teach the kiddos how to do this on their own, it is that simple.
- Start by getting the air fryer preheating to 400º F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, simply turn on your air fryer and allow it to heat up for about 5 minutes before you place the chicken in the basket.
- Drizzle the frozen chicken wings with olive oil and use your hands to rub the oil on all sides of the chicken
- Place the greased chicken wings right into the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook the chicken wings for 10 minutes. While they are cooking, mix together a simple spice mixture of sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- After the first 10 minutes, season the chicken wings on both side with the spice mixture and flip the chicken wings over in the basket.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken wings reach a temperature of 180º F
How Long to Cook Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
The time it takes to cook chicken wings from frozen will depend on your air fryer. When I make frozen wings in the air fryer, it takes just 20 minutes. We always cook for 10, flip and then an additional 10 minutes, until they are cooked through and the skin is nice and crispy.
The best way to know if your chicken wings are cooked to the correct temperature and not under or overcooked is to use an instant read thermometer.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Recipes to Try:
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Frozen Chicken Wings Air Fryer Recipe
- 8-10 frozen chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat air fryer to 400º F
- Drizzle olive oil over frozen chicken wings and rub to cover with oil on all sides
- Place chicken wings into the basket of the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes
- Combine the sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika
- After 10 minutes, season the chicken wings on all sides with the spice mixture
- Flip the chicken wings over and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 180º F
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings are so easy to make. Drizzle the frozen chicken wings with a little oil, season and cook to perfection in just 20 minutes. This recipe for cooking Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer takes just a few ingredients, a little time to prep and makes tasty wings every time.