Pineapple Chicken Curry is a simple, 30 minute meal that is loaded with fresh veggies and chicken in a creamy coconut curry sauce. Pineapple Curry is one of those meals you will crave after trying it just once. We love to eat this served over warm rice or even on its own as a soup. Such a savory and delicious meal.
I finally had to teach myself a recipe for Pineapple Curry because once I tried it in a restaurant, I was hooked. Seriously, I wanted to pick some up every week, and that can get pretty pricey.
This pineapple coconut curry is so simple to make and is definitely better (and cheaper) than ordering take out. This curry recipe also makes a ton, so plan on making this the next time you have guests, are feeding a large family or just really love leftovers.
Pineapple Curry Ingredients
To make this pineapple coconut chicken curry recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- chicken breasts-boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1 inch pieces. Chicken thighs can also be used in this recipe if that is what you have on hand.
- vegetable or canola oil
- onion-white or yellow sliced into 1 inch pieces.
- red and green peppers- you can use all green or all red if that is what you have. I like to use one of each for different flavor and colors. Slice into bite sized pieces.
- carrots-peel and slice into bite sized pieces
- pineapple chunks-fresh or from a can. Reserve some juice for the sauce.
- curry powder
- ground ginger
- lime juice
How to make Easy Pineapple Curry
This is such a simple recipe to make, this will easily become a regular in the dinner menu rotation!
- Start by prepping the chicken and vegetables. Slice the chicken into small, bite sized pieces, about 1 inch. Do the same for all of the vegetables.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of vegetable or canola oil into large skillet. Brown the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan to a clean bowl or plate.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed, cook the peppers, carrots and onion for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and sprinkle on all of the seasonings. Cook for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the liquids and stir. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Lastly add in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve over rice.
Pineapple Chicken Curry
- 1 1/2-2 pounds chicken breasts, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 c carrots, diced
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 13.68 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2-1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice, juice from one lime
- Add one tablespoon of oil to a large skillet. Brown chicken over medium high heat until cooked through. About 3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan to a clean bowl/plate.
- Place additional tablespoon of oil into pan. Add in peppers, onion and carrots. Cook and stir just until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook and stir for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add chicken back into the pan and season with curry, ginger, salt and sugar. Cook and stir for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour in the cans of coconut milk, pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, chicken broth and lime juice. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro and serve.
Looking for other simple dinner ideas? I’ve got you covered!
Pineapple Chicken Curry is a simple, 30 minute meal that is loaded with fresh veggies and chicken in a creamy coconut curry sauce. Pineapple Curry is one of those meals you will crave after trying it just once.