Salmon Foil Packs are super quick and easy, anyone can make this recipe. Perfect for any night of the week. This simple foil pack dinner is made with just a few basic ingredients, fresh vegetables and salmon are the stars of this dish.
Foil dinner packs are so fun for the whole fam to make, they are easily customizable so everyone can add in what a lot of just a little of what they like. It’s like making their own dinner, ya, less work for you!
Salmon foil packs or even these chicken foil packs can be loaded with vegetables to make this a simple, complete meal.
Salmon Foil Dinner Ingredients
With just a few simple ingredients you can make these easy foil pack dinners.
Here is what you will need to pick up:
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Salmon Foil Packet in Oven
Salmon foil packets are so easy to make and really come together quickly. Let’s walk through the steps with some tips and tricks to make these perfect every time.
Step 1: Get the oven heating up to 425º F
Step 2: Prepare the foil sheets. I just use the rolled foil sheets, by measuring them out into 12 inch pieces. You can also use precut sheets if you prefer for convenience.
Step 3: Prepare the vegetables by slicing into smaller pieces. Slice the red onion and red peppers into small, 1/2 inch pieces. Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and discard, slice the remaining spears into 1 inch pieces. For the zucchini, slice it into quarters and then into smaller pieces.
Step 4: Place a piece of salmon into the center of the foil sheet. Put some of the onions and vegetables around the sides of the salmon. Don’t overfill the packet so it can still fold up with a little space.
Step 5: Drizzle each foil packet with the salmon and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
Step 6: Fold up the foil packets by folding in the ends and then bring up the other sides. Roll the last two side pieces together to seal the foil packet together. Don’t make the packet too tight to allow the steam to move around inside the packet and cook the salmon.
Step 7: Bake the salmon in foil packets on the oven for 20-25 minutes until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145º F when measured with an instant read thermometer, or the salmon flakes easily. The vegetables should be tender when poked with a fork.
I check the salmon, by either opening the foil and measuring the temperature or just poke the thermometer through the foil into the salmon for the temperature.
What to do With Leftover Foil Packet Salmon
If you have leftover salmon, you can wrap up the packets tight and store in the refrigerator. These can also be transferred to an air tight container and placed into the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Other Recipes to Make with Salmon:
Salmon Foil Packets Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Salmon Foil Packets
- 1 pound salmon sliced into 4 equal pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 red pepper sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound asparagus ends removed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 8 lemon slices
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 ℉. Prepare foil sheets into 12 inch pieces
- Place a piece of salmon in the center of a 12 inch piece of foil.
- Add some red pepper, asparagus, zucchini pieces evenly on foil sheets with the salmon. Try not to overfill the packets, leave a few inches from the shorter side edges.
- Drizzle each packet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over each packet.
- Place a few lemon slices on top of the salmon in each foil packet.
- Fold the 2 side ends of the foil to the center.
- Take the 2 longer sides and roll together to seal the foil packets, leave a little room on the top, don't fold too tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes until the salmon reaches 145º F or easily flakes, and vegetables are tender.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- To make sure the salmon is fully cooked, measure the temperature with an instant read thermometer. It should be at 145º F