These cheesy garlic breadsticks come to life with a little extra crispy cheese on the outside, some tomato paste and a slivered almond. It is so easy to make these garlic biscuits into a creepy, but oh so delicious, witches fingers breadsticks. The best part is these take just a few ingredients and will be ready in under 20 minutes.
Halloween is such a fun time of year with lots of parties and get togethers with families and friends. These Witch Finger Breadsticks are perfect for bringing along to all of those parties, and the bonus is they are actually so easy to make. No one can resist these garlicky, cheesy breadsticks. Serve with some marinara sauce for a little added extra drama after the finger breadstick is broken in half!!
Witch Finger Breadsticks Ingredients
These witch fingers start with my basic Cheddar Biscuit recipe which only takes a few, pantry staple ingredients to make them come to life. To make this recipe you will need the following:
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Witch Finger Biscuits
This recipe is so easy to make, is made with biscuit dough, so no yeast or rising time required. Let’s walk through the simple steps on how to make these cheddar biscuit witch fingers come to life.
Step 1: start with a large mixing bowl and use a whisk to mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and garlic powder until it is well blended together.
Step 2: add in the cheese and toss to coat with the flour mixture
Step 3: mix the cold butter into the flour mixture by grating with a cheese grater or you can cut it in with knives or a pastry cutter
Step 4: pour in the milk and mix the dough together with a wooden spoon until it starts to come together. Use your hands to bring the rest of the dough together to form a ball.
Step 5: place to dough onto a floured surface and slice into 16 pieces that are similar in size
Step 6: next, roll the pieces of dough into long finger-like pieces. It’s okay if they are different in size and length
Step 7: place the rolled out ‘fingers’ onto a greased baking sheet and brush on some of the garlic butter. Add the fingernails by putting a little tomato paste on the back of the slivered almond and place it on the top of the breadstick to form the finger.
Sprinkle on the grated parmesan cheese, you might need to press the cheese onto the breadsticks to help it stay.
Step 8: bake the breadsticks in a 425º F oven for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown. Add more garlic butter after they are done backing if desired.
Skip down to the recipe card for more details instructions and recipe details.
Can I Make These Breadsticks Ahead?
These cheesy biscuit breadsticks are so easy to make a day ahead of when you will be serving them. After they have cooled, place them into an air tight container and store on the countertop until ready to serve.
How to Store Witch Finger Breadsticks
If you have leftover breadsticks, these can easily be stored in an air tight container or zip top bag on the countertop for up to 3 days.
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Witch Finger Cheese Breadsticks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- 16 slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Garlic Parmesan Topping
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons parmesan long shreds
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and garlic powder.
- Mix in the cheese
- Grate in the cold butter and toss with the flour mixture to coat.
- Pour in the milk and stir with a wooden spoon and mix together until the dough forms a ball
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and cut into 16 equal pieces. Roll out the dough into a 2-3 inch long piece, like a finger. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Put a little tomato paste on the back of a slivered almond and place the almond like a fingernail at the top of the breadstick.
Garlic Parmesan Topping
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl and brush on the fingers.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan so it looks like hairy fingers.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Brush with more garlic parmesan butter after cooking as desired.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate