This spaghetti sauce can be thrown together in under 20 minutes…and it is good. This easy spaghetti sauce is perfect for spaghetti, lasagna, baked rigatoni or just sopping up with bread. Your fam is going to love it!
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
This is my version of homemade spaghetti sauce. I have big shoes to fill on this one, my mother-in-law makes some pretty killer sauce that everyone always raves over. I’ve tried to make this simple for those crazy nights when everyone is running a million different directions! This spaghetti meat sauce is a staple at our house. I like to make a huge batch and freeze half for later.
Start with the basics, some chopped garlic and onions. Let those simmer around in the pan with some Italian sausage and ground beef and enjoy the delicious smells coming out of that pot!! This is the beginning to so many delicious dinners!
Spaghetti Meat Sauce
Let the sauce simmer uncovered for 10 minutes before serving. or you can cover and simmer for up to an hour if you are making this ahead. This recipe freezes really great and is perfect with other dishes like baked rigatoni, lasagna or just sopping up with a nice slice of crusty bread!! Enjoy!
Spaghetti Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 lb Italian Sausage
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 2-14 oz Cans Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 1-14 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seed
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove sausage from casing and add to hot pan. Brown sausage and ground beef in pot with diced onion and garlic.
- Drain any grease from the pan. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste to the pan.
- Add in the sugar, fennel seed, red pepper flakes and onion powder, Salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes up to an hour before serving.