M & M Christmas Cookies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
M & M Christmas Cookies are a classic, favorite cookie recipe bursting with festive red and green chocolate M & Ms. This is such an easy Christmas Cookie Recipe to make as a gift, for a cookie exchange or even a neighbor gift. Bring this M & M Cookie Recipe to the next Holiday party and you will leave with an empty plate!
How to Make M & M Cookie Recipe
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture and mix until it becomes a soft dough.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in all but 1/4 cup of the M & Ms until mixed in.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet with a cookie scoop or two spoons, placing 2 inches apart.
To bake the cookies place into a 350ºF oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. I am the kind of person who likes a crispy cookie, so I will always bake mine the full 10 minutes. If you like a more doughy cookie pull them out at 8 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them as every oven cooks differently.
Once the cookies are done allow to cool on the baking sheet for one minute, while they are cooling, place extra M & Ms on top of the hot cookies. Then transfer them to a cool counter or cooling rack to cool completely.
M & M Christmas Cookie Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
M & M Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 10 oz package M & M Candies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF, line baking sheet with parchment paper or a light spray of cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, mix to combine
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda
- Fold in the M & M candy, reserving 1/4 cup to place some candies on top of the cookies if desired.
- Place 1-2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through and golden around the edges. Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
M & M Christmas Cookies are a classic, favorite cookie recipe bursting with festive red and green chocolate M & Ms. This is such an easy Christmas Cookie Recipe to make as a gift, for a cookie exchange or even a neighbor gift.