Pumpkin Pie Bars are a great way to enjoy the delicious flavors of pumpkin pie in a much easier and even tastier way. This Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe has a delicious, crunchy oatmeal, shortbread crust that has so much more flavor and texture than your average pie crust. Top these easy pumpkin pie bars with sugary, crunchy pecans and you are in pumpkin pie bliss!!
These pumpkin pie bars are perfect for a simple dessert or even better make them to serve at any of your Holiday dinners. These are perfect for feeding a bunch of people and are so simple to make in advance making them super stress free. Pumpkin pie can be quite the chore to make, but this pumpkin bar recipe is so simple and every bite is so much better than the actual pie, true story!
Top this slice of pumpkin pie with a simple homemade whipped cream and a little cinnamon and your mouth will be singing praises! The candied pecans are just delicious and add so much flavor with every bite. However, if you have a nut allergy or just don’t like nuts, you can absolutely just make the recipe without the addition of the pecans.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Bars
To make this easy pumpkin bar recipe start by making the simple crust:
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan
- In a mixing bowl combine the melted butter, oatmeal, flour and sugar. Use a fork to mix until a crumbly mixture is formed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan until evenly spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the oven
For the Pumpkin Pie Layer:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, beaten eggs, sugar and salt
- Mix until smooth
- Pour over the baked crust and place back in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove to add pecan topping
For the Sugared Pecans Topping:
- Combine the chopped pecans, butter and brown sugar until well combined and all the nuts are coated.
- After the pumpkin pie bars have baked for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and top with the pecan mixture.
- Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow the pumpkin pie bars to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pumpkin Pie Bars
Can I make Pumpkin Bars Ahead?
These pumpkin pie bars can be made at least 2 days ahead. After the bars have cooled, store loosely covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can also freeze these pumpkin pie bars, covered with a layer of plastic wrap and aluminum foil, at least 2 months in advance of when you will be serving them, allow at least 2 days to thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Do Pumpkin Pie Bars Need to be Refrigerated?
If you do not plan on serving your pumpkin pie bars within at least two hours of baking, they do need to be kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Just loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What kind of Pumpkin should I use in Pumpkin Bars?
You can use a canned pumpkin puree or even a homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe. Do not purchase the can of Pumpkin Pie Mix as that has already been seasoned with spices, you are looking for the can of pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Bars Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, flour, brown sugar and oats until a sand like mixture is formed.
- Press the crust evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes until golden brown
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl. Combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the baked crust. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove to top with pecans
- In a small bowl combine the softened butter, brown sugar and chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle on top of the filling layer and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Pumpkin Pie Bars are a great way to enjoy the delicious flavors of pumpkin pie in a much easier and even tastier way. This Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe has a delicious, crunchy oatmeal, shortbread crust that has so much more flavor and texture than your average pie crust.
Other Pumpkin Recipes: