Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is a delicious sweet bread loaded with chocolate chips and a sweet pumpkin flavor. This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread can and should be enjoyed year round. So simple to put together and made with classic ingredients.
I wish I could say Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread was exclusive to just the Fall, but thank goodness you can find pumpkin on the store shelves year round, because that is how often you are going to want to make this bread.
Let’s get to it!!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Ingredients
These are all simple items and spices you probably already have on hand in your pantry, if not, get it stocked!
- pumpkin puree
- canola or vegetable oil-here’s where you can make a little substitution if you would like. If you aren’t a fan of using oil (even though it does make it the best) you can substitute melted butter or even coconut oil will work great.
- baking soda
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- ground allspice
- ground nutmeg
- ground ginger
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
There’s your shopping list, now grab your ingredients and get to baking.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Start by beating the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in the pumpkin, oil and vanilla
- In a separate bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients until no lumps remain
- Mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour into two loaf pans and bake at 350ºF for 1 hour and 5 minutes
- Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes before removing. It is best to allow the pumpkin bread to fully cool before slicing, but I totally get it if you can’t wait.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease two loaf pans
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, add in the sugar and mix until combined.
- Mix in the oil, vanilla and pumpkin puree
- In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the greased loaf pans and top with extra chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool before slicing.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Bread?
This bread is easy to make one loaf for eating and one for freezing for later. To freeze this bread allow it to cool completely then wrap in a layer of plastic wrap and another of foil. Freeze for up to 4 months.
Another simple way we like to freeze this bread is already sliced. Simply slice the bread into serving sized slices and place in a zip top freezer bag. When you are ready for a slice, simply take one out and microwave or place in the toaster! So perfect for breakfast or a snack!!
How to Store Pumpkin Bread
If you do happen to have any left, wrap tightly in foil or place in a zip top bag. It can also be placed in an air tight container. This will keep for 3-4 days if sealed or wrapped tightly.